Dark leafy greens like Spinach are very important for skin and hair, and bone health. It is a very nutrient dense food. It is low in calories but very high in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
It is a very good source of vitamin K, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C. You can find all about Spinach at Wikipedia.
1 bag baby Spinach - 10 oz
3 cloves Garlic
1 tsp Mustard seeds
2 tsp Urad daal
2 Bay leaves
Few Curry leaves
2 Dry Red chillies
1 Lemon Juice
Salt as per taste
Water as needed
- Soak Urad daal in water for 10 minutes, drain all the water and dry it.
- Put the pan on medium heat on stove and dry roast mustard seeds.
- Stir in bay leaves, curry leaves and dry red chillies to the blender. Dry roast the mixture thoroughly and put it aside till it cools down.
- Chop onion, garlic, spinach and put it in the blender with water. Blend it, add water as needed.
- Add dry roasted spices, lemon and salt to the blender. Blend it smoothly.
- Add water as needed and adjust lemon and salt according to your taste. Store in the refrigerator, best for 2 weeks.