Last whole week, we were traveling around North Carolina and South Carolina. Before going on the trip, I made sure that no food is left outside from the refrigerator to avoid spoiling. And also I didn't buy any food which we won't be able to use in next week and can't survive for one week. But I totally forgot about bananas.
Bananas were raw when we went. When we came back, the bananas got over ripe. Now what? No one was ready to eat over ripe bananas. I, myself, don't like to eat over ripe banana. So, what should I do? I thought about it and went through my recipes. I find the recipe for Banana Walnut Bread. I decided to use this recipe with some variations.
Banana Almond Cranberry Bread
2 cups Brown Rice Flour
1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Eggs, beaten
2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
Few drops of Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray medium bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients except sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix other eggs, banana, sugar, vanilla extract and oil in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix it to make a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing from pan and then cool on a wire rack.