Like broccoli, Collard green was the vegetable, I don't prefer to eat. I tried to make Collard greens in various combinations, but was never successful to subside its bitter taste. But I was determined to find the recipe in combination with Collard Green because of its health benefits. Finally, I was successful to get my own Collard Greens recipe which has no bitter taste.
Collard greens contain vitamin A and vitamin C. These antioxidants help to lower the risk of oxidative stress on your cells, which is cell damage that can occur when your nutrient intake is low and when toxic chemicals and environmental pollutants enter your body. Collards also contain fiber and can support the health of your digestive system when consumed regularly. You need to chop collard greens into very small, even pieces to ensure that they cook evenly.
Collard Greens with Tofu
1/2 lb Collard Greens chopped
1 Cup tofu cut in very small cubes
1 Cup Grape Tomatoes cut in half pieces
1 Onion chopped
2 Garlic cloves chopped
2 tsp Chopped Ginger
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 tsp Sesame seeds
1 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Put oil in the pan and heat it. Add sesame seeds to the pan. Fry it for 10 sec.
- Add Onion, ginger and garlic. Cook till onion is transparent and ginger & garlic softens.
- Add tofu to the pan and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook it till tomatoes are little soft. You don't need to mash them.
- Add collard greens to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes. Add salt and keep stirring it till the collard greens is cooked.
- Add vinegar and take off the pan from heat. Serve it with roti, parantha.