|Banana Walnut Bread - Behind is the bread machine|
Yes, that was yummy. That was definitely delicious. Everyone liked the bread, even my both kids. And it was all finished in 2 days only.
But there was one ingredient which I wanted to avoid - yeast. So, I again tried to find another good recipe for GFCF Banana Walnut Bread. I found a recipe - Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Bread from 'Book of Yum' I tried that recipe. It was good. I modified the recipe according to our taste & also to make Banana Walnut Bread. So, here is the recipe. I hope you all will like this.
2 cups Brown Rice Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup chopped Walnuts, toasted (See below)
1-1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups mashed, ripe bananas
1 cup Sugar
Few drops of Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray medium bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients except sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix other eggs, banana, sugar, vanilla extract and oil in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix it to make a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing from pan and then cool on a wire rack.
Toasted Walnuts - Place the walnuts on a cookie sheet and bake them at 350 F for 15-20 minutes.