My hubby daily takes his lunch from home. So, everyday it's a pack of 5-6 boxes in his lunch bag. He wants me to give him healthy food - green vegetables, sprouts, less oil food, salad, nuts and fruits. Most of the time, he chooses the vegetables he wants to eat. He is fond of green vegetables and he gets Kale & Collard Greens mostly.
Kale & Collard Greens. I have never seen these vegetables in India. I didn't know how to cook them and frankly speaking, I didn't like their strong taste. But he had eaten it elsewhere, and liked it. I tried different recipes, but I didn't get good results.
Recently, he got one big pack of Kale. I was thinking that what should I do now. First, I tried to make Kale chips in little quantity. Not good. Now, what to do? I did a little research on internet and saw different recipes. Then, I made my own recipe with available ingredients and it was the best ever.
5-6 Small Sweet Peppers (Red, Orange, yellow)
1/4 lb. block Tofu
1/2 lb. Kale leaves
1 Small Onion
1 tbsp Canola Oil
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 tsp Sesame Seeds
Salt as per taste
- Wash the Kale leaves. Chop them and blanch them. (Blanching method - boil the water and put chopped kale into it for 3 min., drain all the water and then wash kale again with cold icy water.)
- Chop tofu in small cubes, chop the onion and pepper in small pieces.
- Heat oil in the pan and put the sesame seeds into it. Once seeds are sizzled, stir in the onion. Cook the onion till it is golden in color. Stir in peppers and cook it for 2-3 min. Stir in tofu and let pepper and tofu cooked nicely.
- Put the blanched kale and salt into it and cook it for 3-4 min more. Mix in the soy sauce and vinegar into it and cook for more 1-2 min.
- Serve it immediately with rotis or paranthas.
Comments: - Earlier, I didn't like to eat kale because of its strong flavor. But with this recipe, its strong flavor is reduced and now it is edible. I liked that.