Applesauce muffins are my favorite. My son loves them and I put these muffins into his lunch box. I have developed this recipe from the recipe for muffins using regular flour. And few friends asked me to bake these muffins for their kids.
2 cups Brown Rice Flour
1 cup Xylitol
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup coconut oil
1 egg, beaten
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/8 cup chocolate chips
1/8 cup raisins
- Combine brown rice flour, cinnamon, ground cloves, baking soda, salt in the bowl.
- Put the oil and xylitol in separate bowl and mix it till it is creamy. Mix egg and applesauce till it is smooth.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix it till smooth batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and raisins into the batter.
- Fill lightly greased muffin cups ¾ full. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.