I keep trying to improve my recipes for better taste and textures. And sometimes, I try my old recipes by replacing or removing few ingredients for health reasons. I wrote my recipe for Carrot & Cabbage Soup 3 years back and so many things changed since then. Currently, I am working on no oil recipes and I will write about it sooner. So, my revised recipe for carrot & cabbage soup is here -
1 big Onion
3-4 Garlic Cloves
1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
3-4 tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Coconut Milk
Salt as per taste
- Heat the pan, put the onions and garlic. Dry roast the onions and garlic cloves (remember, it is a no oil recipe). Add sme water if it starts to stick on the pan and keep stirring till the onion is little brown.
- Add carrots and cabbage to the pan and stir fry till the vegetables are softened. Add some water and cover the lid. Let the vegetables cook on medium heat.
- When the vegetables are done, put off the heat and let it cool down.
- Put the vegetable mixture in the blender, add some water and blend till mixture is smooth or little bit chunky (depends on what you want).
- Put blended mixture in another pan, add water, salt, black pepper, coconut milk and cook for 5 minutes. Adjust salt, pepper and water according to your taste and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Put the heat off and add lemon juice. Serve it hot.
Please try this recipe once and tell me your comments and suggestions.