Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Creamy Mushroom Soup

My husband likes mushrooms. I am not so fond of it but can eat it in small quantity. I tried to cook mushrooms in several ways but not perfect. I also have made mushroom soup several times, but not so tasty like yesterday. My husband and father-in-law, both liked it very much and asked for more.

I wasn't sure about nutritional value of the mushrooms so I did research on the internet about white button mushrooms I used in the soup. I got following 2 links and was relaxed that this was healthy for the persons who are not allergic to mushrooms.


Creamy Mushroom Soup

Ingredients:

2 cup finely cut White Button Mushrooms
1 Red finely cut Onion
10-12 cut Cherry Tomatoes
1/4 cup Coconut Milk
Water as required
Salt & pepper according to taste
1 tsp Oil

Method:
  1. Heat the oil in the pan and saute the onion in the oil till it is softened. 
  2. Add tomatoes into it and saute it for 3 minutes. 
  3. Add mushrooms and saute it for least 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked thoroughly. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool down. 
  4. Put the mixture & some water in the blender and blend it till it gets smooth consistency and a thin paste. 
  5. Pour the blended mixture into the cooking pot and add water. You can put water accordingly as you want soup thicker or thinner. Boil it for 10 minutes at least. 
  6. Add coconut milk into it. Also add salt and black pepper according to taste. Boil it for another 5 minutes. 
  7. Serve it hot.
I used tomatoes freshly grown by my father-in-law in his garden.

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you actually burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete