Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cheese Parantha

When Tanishk was toddler and was not on GFCF diet, I used to make stuffed paranthas with various things - veggies, paneer, cooked beans, cooked lentils, tofu and cheese. He was good at eating at that time. Everyday, I tried to give him different type of parantha. Sometimes, I used to make masala parantha (stuffed with spices). Now, when he is on GFCF diet, I have to struggle daily mentally and physically both. 

Mentally struggle is to find the way to cook food with variety and having nutrition too. And also for minimizing the chances of rejection as Tanishk doesn't easily put the new food in the mouth. Physically struggle is for to prompt him to taste the new food and then prompt him to eat it. If he didn't like it, he won't eat it at all. If he liked it, he will eat it but still I have to prompt him.

Still, I make stuffed paanthas but with only gluten free flour. Till few days back, I normally used Sorghum Flour (Jowaar Atta) for Paranthas. But recently I found a recipe on internet for gluten free flour mix for rotis and paranthas. I tried that mix for my paranthas, and it was perfect. Gluten Free Flour Mix 

I didn't have Amaranth Flour (Rajgira Atta) and Cornstarch, so I replaced them with Ragi flour and Potato Starch respectively. It worked. I make the mix in advance to use it later.

So, today I made Cheese Parantha. Cheese means Dairy free Cheese and I used Daiya Cheese.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour Mix
1/2 cup Daiya Cheese
1 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
2 tsp Dhaniya Powder
Water to knead the dough
Oil for cooking

Method:
  1. Mix all the ingredients in the mixing bowl. If dough is dry, add some more water (1 tsp at a time). Make soft dough.
  2. Cover the dough with damp towel for 10 minutes.
  3. Take a straight plastic and put some oil on it. Make one small ball from dough and roll it on the plastic. Oil will prevent it to stick on the plastic. Roll it like chapatti.
  4. Heat the non-stick pan and put it on the pan.
  5. After 1 min. turn it and put some oil on both sides. Cook it until both sides are light brown.
  6. Serve hot with chutney, dip, curry, curd, pickle or you can eat it without anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment